Model 980 Rat Spinal Unit is ideal for intracellular procedures. It is easily the most flexible rat spinal unit available to researchers today.
The base of the unit is a Model 912-01 Mounting Plate that is precision machined and has two full length tee slots for rapid mounting and removal of components. The plate is 12″ wide, 24″ long, 1″ thick and weighs 27 pounds. The top is left natural to assure precise location of components.
Attached to the plate by way of the tee slots are five base mounts with vertical posts and clamps and one upright assembly and clamps. The mounts are secured to the base plate by thumb screws and tee nuts for fast, rigid clamping. No wrenches are needed. The posts have 3/8″ shafts with lock keys and 2-1/4″ of vertical adjustment. A vertebrae clamp, a pair of hip spikes, a pair of retractors and a pair of V-notchedspikes are supplied with the unit. The design of the 980 assure ample lateral, A-P and vertical travel of all components.
- Combines optimum rigidity with maximum flexibility.
- Permits accurate and reliable placement.
- Modularity allows the use of a wide range of components and accessories.
- Simple, fast and positive clamping and locking.
- Model 900 Series Small Animal Stereotaxic Instrument fit onto the Model 912-01
- Mounting Plate.
The Model 980 consists of the followings:
- Model 982 Adjustable Base Mounts with Post and Clamps (5)
- Model 984 Upright Assembly and Clamps
- Model 985 Hip Spikes (pair)
- Model 986 Vertebrae Clamp
- Model 987 V-Notch Spikes (pair)
- Model 988 Retractors (pair)
Model 992 Calibrated A-P Bars and Brackets
This bar and brackets mount to the Model 912-01 Base Plate to accommodate electrode manipulators. Model 992-2 holds the 1400 Series Electrode Manipulators.
Model 992-3 holds the 1700 Series Electrode Manipulators.